The self-proclaimed socialist, Bernie Sanders, has been declared the winner of the nation’s first Democratic primary held in New Hampshire. And depending on who you ask, he either finished first or second in the first caucus state, Iowa.
The prospect of a socialist roaming the halls of the White House is downright scary to not only Republicans … but some Democrats, as well.
For those not familiar with the Sanders socialist agenda, here are a few of his most radical, far-left, extremist ideas:
- The U.S. should adopt universal healthcare paid by the federal government, just like those socialist hotbeds, Canada and Scandinavian countries.
- A college degree should be free at public colleges and universities, arguing that class equality is impossible if a majority of Americans don’t have access to a college education.
- The minimum wage should be $15 per hour, up from 2009’s $7.25, suggesting that no one who works 40 hours a week should be impoverished.
- Tax the rich so they pay their fair share of taxes through a series of tax hikes and fees, mostly levied on the wealthiest Americans.
- $1 trillion should be spent on infrastructure projects that would create 13 million jobs over the course of five years.
- Protect the environment by phasing out fossil fuels, calling for an expansive “Green New Deal”
With far-out policies like that, it’s no wonder many Americans are so nervous about a Bernie Sanders presidency!
But as Donald Trump has empathically vowed, “America will never be a socialist country – ever.”
However, Trump, as usual, is only partly right. America already is a socialist country. But it’s socialism for the very rich and the harsh effects of capitalism for everyone else.
And, by God, all liberty-loving Americans aim to keep it that way!
Photo | nationalreview.com