close
Miscellaneous

Conor McGregor no longer part of UFC 200 main event

nate-diaz-shocked-the-world-when-he-beat-conor-mc-gregor-via-second-round-submission-in-ufc-196

“He is in Iceland training and he felt leaving right now would hurt his training and getting ready for this fight”.

“We’ve had instances like this before – I did it to Nick Diaz when he didn’t attend a press conference before he fought George St Pierre“. We spend a lot of money on this stuff and you have to do it, it’s mandatory. He said he could not speak on McGregor’s future, other than his status at UFC 200.

Twitter is a haven for MMA junkies and they were quick to ring in on the subject of McGregor’s retirement. “Only he can answer that question”, he replied. “But he’s not fighting at UFC 200“.

As we reported via ESPN.com on Tuesday evening, the UFC President made an appearance to explain the UFC’s decision to pull McGregor from the UFC 200 main event.

McGregor is still the UFC’s featherweight champion, but Aldo and Edgar will meet for the interim belt.

Diaz demolished the outspoken Irishman when the two met earlier this year. McGregor was originally supposed to fight Rafael dos Anjos for the lightweight championship, but dos Anjos withdrew due to injury.

It was McGregor’s first loss in the UFC when he was choked into submission.

“Nate Diaz is flying into Las Vegas tonight with this team”.

Asked if Conor had told him directly that he is retiring, Tony McGregor said “No”. White added that only McGregor knows for sure if he is really retired.

The Internet has gone into meltdown after Irish UFC star Conor McGregor tweeted, “I have chose to retire young”.

I guess my work here is done I’m retiring too.

But it’s tough to see why McGregor would post a fake retirement announcement fewer than three months before he is scheduled to fight Diaz for a second time.

donaldhamm

The author donaldhamm

Leave a Response