close
Entertainment

Autopsy on Prince to begin Friday a.m.

officials-no-signs-of-trauma-on-prince-s-body-suicide-not-suspected

The world was stunned when news broke about the death of a legendary musician.

Yvette Noel-Schure said in a statement that the 57-year-old music superstar’s family and friends gathered “in a private, handsome ceremony” to say a loving goodbye.

Prince was found dead Thursday morning at his Paisley Park estate in Chanhassen, Minnesota.

A thorough and complete autopsy of Prince’s body was completed on Friday, Apr. 22 at the Midwest Medical Examiner’s Office in Minnesota.

An autopsy was conducted yesterday, but test results could take weeks, officials said.

Sheriff Jim Olsen held a press conference today in Carver County, Minn., to discuss the ongoing investigation surrounding the pop icon’s passing.

He said it was “still under investigation” whether foul play was involved.

Olson said Prince’s death was unwitnessed, and because of that, the scene was processed similar to that of a crime scene. He said Carver County authorities had not received any medical calls at Paisley Park involving Prince directly in the past year. He was found the following morning by staff members who had been “unable to contact” the star.

The medical examiner is still gathering Prince’s medical and social history as well as his family’s medical history.

Musician Prince performs onstage at the 36th Annual NAACP Image Awards at the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion on March 19, 2005 in Los Angeles, California. When the staff members arrived, they found him unresponsive in the elevator.

The sheriff warned that full results from the post-mortem could take several weeks, and the incident was still under investigation.

Earlier Friday, the Midwest Medical Examiners Office announced Prince’s autopsy was complete.

Deputies went through the house and it appeared Prince was alone in his residence at the time of his death.

Prince’s jet plane made an emergency landing in Moline, Ill., last Friday due to a medical emergency.

Following Prince’s health emergency on 15 April (16), his publicist claimed the singer had been briefly hospitalised and treated for the flu and was released to continue his recovery at home.

Thomas Cummings

The author Thomas Cummings

Leave a Response